Cedar Log Railing Ordering Guide
This page describes the information you need to gather before ordering your posts and cedar log railings system. The first part of the page describes the various posts and railings, while the second part shows you how to lay out and design your project. If you are also ordering log stair railing, you will need to use the guides shown at the bottom of the page. Just below you will find pdf's that you can print, and fill out.
Railing Ordering Guide PDF
Laying Out Your Project
The Armstrong Creek Company will provide the service of designing your railings from your drawing and measurements provided by you free of charge. It is not necessary for the drawing to be to scale. However, it must be clear and neat. For your free railing system quote, simply follow the steps below, referring to the diagram:
- Draw your deck, porch, and loft from the bird's eye view. Indicate the
measurements clearly as the pertain to your system as follows:
- Corner to Corner if we are providing posts with your railings.
- Measurements between posts if they are already existing.
- Angles must be provided for corners other than 90°
- Indicate at the end walls if a post is desired, or if you will mount the railing to the wall.
- Fill in the stair railing diagram from the pdf's above for each stair rail needed. If possible be sure to include the stair angle. It is also important that you check the appropriate box for one side or two sides for log stair railings.
- We will include the freight charges at the time of your quote providing you give us the "ship to" address and phone number. Include your mailing mailing address and a daytime phone number where you can be reached if it is different from the "ship to" address.
- Sign your drawings and mail or fax them to The Armstrong Creek Company.
Porch and Deck Example Drawing
Your log deck railings will arrive by common carrier to your curbside. They leave our shop pre-assembled, banded, palletized, and shrink wrapped. You will receive instructions and a diagram similar to the one below to assist in your installation. Each post is number, and each railing section letter. This makes it so any DIYer will be able to install the railing system with ease.
Log Stair Railings Guide
Below you will find our stair railling installation sheets. There are printable versions at the top of the page. Stair rails with a diagonal rail length of less that 8' require to intermediate posts. Anything longer than 8' will require an intermediate post.
This is a close up diagram of the measurements we need to manufacture your stair railing.
Example with landing from a bird's eye view